Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Oh, My ...

What can the matter be?  Not only is processing photos slowing my writing down, now I have a new camera to learn.  It is lighter, a marshmallow of a camera with interchangeable ping-pong-ball lenses.  What it doesn’t have is a mirror to lock up to prevent it from messing up a shot.  That function is handled somehow by the computer inside the marshmallow.  

Why do I need a lighter camera?  Because my hands can no longer hold the weight of my old SLR cameras with their heavy lenses.  Why do I want a brand-spanking new camera?  Because Trixsay wants to play photographer in spite of Mystery’s problems.

The Panasonic Lumix is a descendant of the first digital cameras I used, the ones that lured me into nature photography which in turn fed my wanderlust.  I just hope this new version produces a quality comparable to the SLRs.  For that to happen, I need to figure out how to play ping-pong with a marshmallow.

This is an example of one of those early Panasonic shots:

Watching the Watcher
by Jeter Skeet

No comments:

Post a Comment