Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Words of Wisdom

What do photographers do on long van rides through back country when we’re tired of staring at termite mounds?   We talk.  We share stories and life histories and philosophies.  And then there are those boring discussions about camera equipment.

On one of these rides, a fascinating lady who practices Yoga shared her philosophy about conserving energy. That’s something I need to learn do since I seem to have so little energy these days.

She says these fives tips for living each day are from Reiki.  I’m not sure how to spell his/her name even though I’ve tried to find the quote. So I’m going to paraphrase both this photographer and Reiki:

  • Do not get angry--just for today.
  • Do not worry--just for today.
  • Be kind to all living things.
  • Do an honest day's work.
  • Allow joy.

The hardest one for me to master is the angry one.  I get so frustrated by my own limitations that I tend to strike out verbally at anyone who crosses my path.  But I am trying to keep these tips in mind each day.



No comments:

Post a Comment