Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Wandering Blunders

I stubbed my toe wading in the Indian Ocean.
I fell up a wooden staircase bruising my arm.
I fell down a cement step skinning my knee.
I stubbed my toe wading in the Indian Ocean
and blistered my feet tiptoeing on broiling sands.

I’ve run with cramps from Montezuma’s Revenge.
I’ve done my business behind a Kopji boulder.
I’ve found relief beside a Range Rover.
I’ve run with cramps from Montezuma’s Revenge,
but I couldn’t use a hole without handholds.

On my way home, I’ve scratched my ankles raw.
I’ve hunted with cheetahs, fished with orcas.
I’ve danced with flamingos and arthritic flares.
On my way home, I’ve scratched my ankles raw
providing a tasty meal for chiggers and ticks.

I stood my ground during a brown bear charge.
I tripped over tumbleweed’s sagebrush.
I walked along the Sacred Way with ghosts
I stood my ground during a brown bear charge,
but wouldn't kiss the downside-up Blarney Stone.

Brown Bear leading her cub away from a male
by Jeter Skeet

No comments:

Post a Comment