Pages

Monday, October 19, 2015

Wildlife Photography

On To Brazil

Who rents a scooter to see the animals in a zoo?  I do.  Who walks on wooded trails, on its ups and downs, with a walking cane?  I do.  Who is left at home while the spouse goes on a wildlife photoshoot in Australia.   Me, but that’s not unusual.  I want it to be that way even though I am jealous.  I just can’t keep up with healthy photographers, and they don’t need me slowing them down.  Besides my spouse needs a break from helping me.

So now that my love has flown halfway around the world, I’m going to post a couple of pieces with photos from our Brazil trip.  In the meantime I’ll refocus on my everyday life and writing—and try to ignore my envy and wanderlust.


    Wildlife Photography


    A Maned Wolf receives a blessing
at an ancient monastery.

   A newborn rides her Giant Anteater mother
across a highland savanna.

Clever Brown Capuchins create 
their own crosswalk.

A South American Tapir swims 
across a peaceful river.

  An Amazon Kingfisher races
our speeding boat.

   A Jabaru protects her eggs warming 
in a treetop nest.

   A fish jumps to avoid a Speckled Caiman 
and lands in our boat.

  A Giant Otter hides in a den
beneath a hungry Jaguar.

   A Black-Tufted Marmoset looks down
at me while I look up,

   And I feel like I’m trying to capture
rainbows in a butterfly net.

Giant River Otter  and Jaguar
by Jeter Skeet
A hungry jaguar smells the giant river otter in the den beneath him.

No comments:

Post a Comment